(BPT) - How a home’s interior is constructed plays a major role in its comfort, safety and cost. When weighing these factors, there are plenty of decisions that go into home renovation projects. Consumers want to make homes their own while being smart about the investments they make in renovations or upgrades.
As we enter the winter season, it’s important to consider various heating and cooling options if looking to do a home makeover. In fact, more than half of homeowners plan to begin or continue their renovation projects this winter. Homeowners have many options for their different spaces — including room-specific heating and cooling — and may want to consider either a ductless system or a Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) system to prepare for the temperature changes ahead. There are multiple reasons why ductless or VRF can be wise investments when redesigning a home.
Ductless is a great option for homeowners. Benefits include:
- Ease of installation: Ductless equipment is a cost-effective solution to provide efficient cooling and heating to many spaces without the need to install ductwork. Whether it’s an older home without existing ductwork or a smaller home with space constraints, ductless products can provide a convenient solution for your needs.
- Low maintenance: It can be an undertaking to make your home feel comfortable, especially after months of renovation. Ductless is a smart investment because of the low labor and operational costs, and its technology enables the preservation of most existing architectural designs you may want to maintain in your home.
- Remote control: Many regions of the U.S. experience drastic changes in weather that can impact the integrity of a home’s temperature and airflow. Workable heating and cooling systems are essential to sustaining a comfortable living environment, and a ductless unit allows full control over the airflow in a specific room. Plus, many models offer remote connectivity and apps that allow you to monitor and change the settings on your ductless system — so you won’t have to worry when you’re away.
A VRF system may be best if looking for efficiencies, such as:
- Cost efficient: Heating and cooling systems combined account for 40% of median spend on a renovation project. A VRF system is competitive in price without the added maintenance fees.
- Energy efficient: A VRF system is a sustainable solution fit for larger areas because the entire system can be run from a central location — perfect for a residential setting with a range of heating and cooling needs. During the winter, traditional HVAC systems represent up to 42% of monthly energy usage. Many VRF units reuse heat from different zones, cutting back on energy consumption.
As you adjust to temperature changes in your home with the cold weather approaching, find unique, innovative ways to renovate your home’s temperature and airflow control system by reaching out to a Carrier dealer to explore Carrier Residential’s expansive suite of Ductless and VRF solutions.